Sunday, November 1, 2009

Business As Usual

As the Royalist said, diggin in Japan was fucking ballistic! Price and Variety was second to no-where in the world the only thing really holding us back was time. I snatched up some dope Lp's and Japanese only 12" pressings with alternative covers. The HipHop was cheap and plentyful tho that being said most of the wax I picked up can be found online all year round. The soul and funk selection was equally good tho the price wasn't quite as nice. I was aware of the price jumping a few years ago due to the large amount of diggers hittin up the spots but yeah I dug me some raer gems for a ridiculous price. My shit was def the prog rock, European and Japanese.. I had to dig a little harder through the colossal amount of 70's rock they had on offer but came out on top. Heres some of the HipHop I scored.


Tokyo city is massive and to visit every record store in a week would be impossible. One of the music store chains Disk Union had 6 stores in the Shinkjuku district. Here is a flyer with the locations.



Despite the locals insisting that Tokyo's record game has 'fallen off' im already thinking about my next Tokyo invasion....

Big ups to Jake for holding it di-down that necro video made me laugh my guts up! Queens bridges finest Cormega is back with a new album Born And Raised heres a clip for the Large Pro produced track 'Journey'.

No comments:

Post a Comment