Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gune Grub Tuesday

I ain't no fucking master chef and I ain't claim to be, but I've found some simple recipes online and in books which I regularly use adding a few basic spices or sauces to get my desired liking that I'd like to share. All of these are simple as shit with fuck all preparation time.



Today's recipe is an easy lamb marinate. I generally use this on cutlets but I guess you could use it on a rack, chops or a roasting cut.

Ingerdients:

1 x Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
2 x Teaspoon of Ground Cumin Seed
1 x teaspoon of Keens Mustard Powder (this is something I've added to the orignal. You can use mustard paste/sause if you like)
2 x Decent Teaspoons of honey ( I think the original is one, two take away the acidity of the vinegar.
A few cracks/shakes of salt & pepper.
A couple of sprigs of fesh mint finely diced. (if available)
2 x teasoons of mint sauce. (add this along with the fresh mint or if you aint got fresh shit growing use the mint sauce)

Marinate your cut. The longer you leave it the better and more tender it will get.
I cook cutlets in a fan forced oven, on a roasting rack at around 180 for approx 8-10each side, basting each flip with the leftover marinate. If your cooking chops finish them suckers off under the grill and make that fat and gristle crunch.

Serve with whaterver the fuck you want. Gangsta gone eat some son!

2 comments: