Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blow the Horns on em'

Earlier in the year I decided to sare a bunch of tracks I like with featured bass, check "In your face part 1 and 2"
This time I'll post 5 personal favourite hip-hop tracks that use a nice trumpet. There are a whole lot more but I've had this post in edit for too long and its time to move on the next shit.

Copywright - Fuck Soundcheck
Produced by RJD2

Copy's 1st release to wax, this track also featured on his debut The High Exhaulted. You either fuck with this dude or you don't. I personally ain't fucked with much after this the 1st lp and some weathermen tracks.

A very slept on LP in my opinion. Pretty cohesive album with all beats taken care of by RJD2 and Mighty Mi. Copywright had already established his niche fan base taking out several freestyle battles years prior and then got put on by the now debunk Eastern Conference, which back then held the crown for white boy rappers and weirdos.
RJD2 chops these horns real nice, throwing some tight stabs, bass, topped off with some of the best wordplay and punchlines from that time. Don't front!

"While I'm here I use the planet as a platform, to plant panic in faggots and bash em with a mask on"



Ludacris - Roll Out (My Business)
Produced by Timberland

Love him or hate him Timberland has produced some pretty good shit. This track right here is one of them. Simple and effective using some Cuban horns over programmed drum patterns and synth leads.
I rate Ludacris. He's got a presence and charisma when he gets on some shit like this. This track taken from Word of Mouf. Clip reminds me of NBA Jam.

"That's eighty-thousand bucks GONE, where in the fuck did you spend it?"




Big Noyd feat. Prodigy - The Grimey Way
Produced by Alchemist

This would have to be up there as one of my favourite ALC beats. Hard drums, hard horns and gully down 16's from noyd with P on the hook FTW. QB thoro dun!
Original break performed by the heavily sampled group The Stylistics

"Don't forget I rock for those lovin it, those thuggin it, holes in they clothes and the less unfortuniate"



Blaq Poet - Dont give fuck
Produced by DJ Premier

Straight up fight music!!. A combination of chopped horns, bellowing low covered with saturated bass, screeching trumpets stabbing in and out on the 3rd and 4th complimented with them signature preem drums and po's "I will fuck you up" bars. I honestly though this album was a little lacking in parts as far as beat selection from po and the order of the tracks as a whole but ones like this make it worth the purchase. More classic southside smashin'

"I'm ten time deadly, ready, aim steady, one in ya head and the rest for your belly"



Pete Rock & C.L Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y)
Produced by Pete Rock

All time classic hip-hop joint from Pete Rock and C.L smooth's debut Mecca and the soul brother. The song is a tribute to Pete Rock's brother "Trouble T-roy" (Troy Dixon) who was a dancer for Heavy D and the Boyz and died in a tragic accident when he fell off of a balcony after a concert in Indianapolis on July 15, 1990.
I got a feeling this is a saxophone but fuck it..Shit burns. So god damn catchy over them drums. Pete Rock sampling Tom Scott's cover of "Today" by Jefferson Airplane.
Check it half way through for the lift.

"My God"





No comments:

Post a Comment