Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tape Death & M dusu Present: Des Chansons Sur Les Filles


Tape Death & I are pleased to drop the next volume of the canon - an instrumental release called Des Chansons Sur Les Filles.

Running 12 tracks deep, this release is a celebration of ladies & love - some grown folk music. I went with a mix of 60s-70s vinyl sampling, over-saturated live instruments & analogue-treated synths, & went with traditional soul/R&B chord progressions mixed with wonky futuristic rhythms.

It might not be to your taste, & I'm cool with that - I was going for something, & I think i achieved most of my goals. Hopefully that makes for interesting listening for some of you.

Cheers, MD.


I cant give you much of info about on this guy, all I know is that he frequents the forum boards and gets down with a gang of producers going under the name Tape Death.
The whole thing sets a pretty layed back and Lo-Fi feel which works well for me. Reminds me of a recent record I purchased from the Hi-Hat club series...Well swung drums, soulful vocal samples, ambient background layered with a touch of synth. Good shit.



His Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment